Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

I was the beneficiary of a trust. Most of the money I got

Customer Question

I was the beneficiary of a trust. Most of the money I got over eight years ago. The last payment I got three and a half years ago. I live in the state of California, and my relative who died lived in the state of Kentucky. There were two two trustees of this trust. One trustee checked out with the attorney of the trust what had to be sent to me and said she was sending me the checks she sent because the attorney had to. Now the other trustee is falsely trying to claim that what was sent to me was an investment and telling me to pay it back. What is the statute of limitations for the trustee to sue me?
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 14 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If they were claiming that this was some type of mistake on the part of the trustee in sending you that amount, then they would have up to 5 years to bring an action for "unjust enrichment" under KRS 413.120.

.

But they would have to come to CA to sue you so that they could get personal jurisdiction over you.

.

.

thanks