Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
63724254

Can my Mom change her florida revocable trust's name and

Customer Question

Can my Mom change her florida revocable trust's name and date now that she is living in NJ? Due to family issues, she wants to be safe and have new name on trust. Her total worth is only about 550,000. thank you H. Lennard
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: change is from Florida to New Jersey
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Just been looking for NJ lawyer.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: One lawyer said it was impossible since most of her $ apx 350,000 in an ***** ***** trust she & my dad set up -- he died 2010, without her permission or knowledge, family member decided to "help" changed accounts from the trust name to just her name with out paperwork.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 21 days ago.

As long as the Edwards Jones account and terms of the revocable trust are not revocable, your mother can make any changes she deems necessary. The changes should be made by a local estate planning attorney to ensure the changes are properly done to avoid disputes down the line.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.