Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

Can I still probate my mother's estate(house, small bank

Customer Question

Can I still probate my mother's estate(house, small bank account) after just doing a property transfer into the three sons name and then a quit claim deed to just one of the sons who now has 100% interest in the house.
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: OHIO
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: deed for house is already in one sons name transfer of deed and title, death certificate...not sure what documents you mean, but she was not survived by spouse.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: house is now in foreclosure. We can't seem to get bank or attorneys rep bank to work or talk with us.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 22 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Is there a will? Is the house and bank account and other assets still in her name? How did you quick claim her house to the three sons are you already the administrator of her estate? If this home is in foreclosure, is there a foreclosure proceeding? Possibly you can clarify matters so I can see how I can help you.

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 20 days ago.

Hello. I have not heard back you. Are you still looking for help on your question? If so, please let me know. Thank you.