Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

I have a piece of property with the deed and another person

Customer Question

I have a piece of property with my name is ***** ***** deed and another person is on the date I am not on the mortgage but he is can he make me sell or buy him out
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

When two people own a property together, one can buy the other out; or one of the owners can commence what is called a partition and sale action to force the sale of the property.The other person would be responsible for paying off the mortgage. We can continue to discuss if you want to do so.

Hello again! Checking in to see if you need further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to answer it. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars for the service I provided to you. Best regards.