Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
10285032

What type of petition should I file to stop further divorce

What type of petition should I file to stop further divorce and guardianship proceedings based on my guardian having a conflict of interest. The conflict lies with my prior counsel.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In order to try to get the guardian removed you need to file a motion to remove the guardian and you need to present evidence of the actual bias or conflict of interest to the court. It cannot be a perceived conflict, it has to be an actual conflict and you need to present that evidence to the court directly. You would need to engage a new attorney to represent you on the case to show the prior attorney's conflict and the guardian's relationship with the attorney that is causing you harm by their not being impartial.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.