RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

My mom passed away and left my sister executrix she began an

Customer Question

My mom passed away and left my sister executrix she began an eviction on me but it was never decided on by the judge but she had sold the house and the closing is Monday can they throw me out and can they enter with the key my sister gave them even though I still live there
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

The new owner here would have to re notice you and file for eviction.It will take them probably another month to six weeks .It is also possible they offer you cash for keys to leave voluntarily.You decide if you want to take the offer.I am talking say $2k and 30 days to relocate as cash for keys.They have right if they buy the house to notice you again and file for foreclosure here in Connecticut.You will have probably a month here to six weeks unless you take cash for keys if offered.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight. I am so sorry that they are doing this to you.Please let me know if you have more follow up.