Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

I was left property in 1994 that has been kept from my

Customer Question

i was left property in 1994 that has been kept from my knolg
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: knolege what do I do
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: they sent me a quit claim deed they want me to sign . spoke to her this morning she said the lawyer told her not to worry about me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes they have purposely kept this from me . and gave lawyer wrong birth year and info .now the lawyer dosnt want anything to do with this . they have been living on property since father died . I was up there 9 days after his death they talked to me said he didn't own anything
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Were you left property in father's will?

.

Why is this now coming up 22 years after father's death ?

.

Did anyone ever file a probate case to settle father's estate?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
they said there was no will ! but that he left the property to me and 3 others ! they have signed off on there parts .but I never knew about any of it. the reason its coming up now is because his x wife wants to put a new trailer on property and cant unless I sign quitclaim ! shes saying she owns the property now because she bought it from the county but yet cant do anything unless I sign ! I am a biological daughter of his ! she is my sisters mother ! he didn't leave her the property . they were deviorced at time of death
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Ok, how did he leave it to you if there was no will? Did he deed it over to you and siblings prior to him passing?

.

What is it that you want to have happen here? Do you want to file a lawsuit against them to claim some interest in the property?

.

Have they been paying the taxes and using the property solely for all 22 years?

.

.

thanks