Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
10285032

I am in need of the services of an attorney in Fort Wayne,

Customer Question

I am in need of the services of an attorney in Fort Wayne, Indiana, to help me with my claim against the following case processed by the Probate Division of Allen Superior Court:
William L. Swain, the Estate of
Case Number ***** 10-ES-000064
Amount of my claim: $3,000.00.
I found out through the court’s website that the case has been closed, but I have never heard anything from the administrator or the court. My friend William (“Bill”) died of mesothelioma, and he received large monetary settlements before and after his death. The administrator, ***** *****, Bill’s stepbrother, was friendly and receptive to my claim, and we chatted by phone from time to time. At some point, he became very frustrated because there was a bitter struggle over the estate going on in the family and everybody “was all lawyered up”, as Jack put it. Going for*****, ***** never responded to any further communication from me.
I have the following documentation:
My letter stating my claim, dated 9/17/14, to Jack [E. King], the administrator
USPS receipt, dated 9/17/14, for Certified Mail
USPS Tracking document, confirming delivery on 9/20/14
Notice of Supervised Administration for appointment of Jack E. King 10/21/14, sent 12/3/14
My letter, re-stating my claim, to Clerk of the Allen Circuit and Superior Courts
I know my claim is small, but I would certainly be willing to incur some legal expense to find out what happened with my claim, and if my claim was mishandled, whether I have any recourse at this point to recover what is owed to me.
Douglas Munro
830 El Dorado Pkwy W
Cape Coral, FL 33914Tel.:(###) ###-####Email:***@******.***
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com
You may contact customer service at http://ww2.justanswer.com/help to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I understand. I will follow your reference to hg and/or lexmundi. Thanks.
Thank you. Best wishes.