Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

GA. POWER IS TRYING TO TAKE MY LAKE HOME AWAY FROM ME DUE TO

Customer Question

GA. POWER IS TRYING TO TAKE MY LAKE HOME AWAY FROM ME DUE TO MY CHILDREN TRYING TO TAKE MY LEASE OF 55 YEARS AWAY FROM ME. CHILDREN ARE CLAIMING I GAVE PROPERTY TO MY OLDEST SON AND THEY WANT TO SPLIT IT UP NOW JUST GIVING ME A PORTION OF THE PROCEEDS. WOULD GA. POWER HAVE TO ABIDE BY A LES PENDINS THEY ARE THREATENING TO TAKE MY LEASE AWAY BECAUS OF THE FAMILY DISPUTE.. I SIGNED AND NOTARIZED A DOCUMENT THAT I THOUGHT WAS GIVING MY OLDEST SON THE PERMISSION TO MAINTAIN AND RENT, BUT HE DEFRAUDED ME AND SAID I GAVE HIM THE WHOLE LEASE. GA. POWER SAYS CLEAR IT UP OR MY LEASE IS GONE AND THEY WILL TAKE IT BACK. EVEN IF THEY ARE GA. POWER CAN THEY DO THAT?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: STATE OF GA.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: STATE OF GA.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: YES MY CHILDREN WANT ME TO SIGN AN LLC WHERE I AM GIVEN 40% OF PROCEEDS WHEN THE HOUSE SELLS. THEY HAVE AN ATTORNEY WHO SENT THE LLC TO ME. WE HAD A MEDIATION TO WHERE I CONSENTED TO A 50% SPLIT BUT THEY WON'T AGREE.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

do you have a copy of what you signed? did you assign your rights in the lease? are you asking what options you have now?

awaiting your reply, thanks.