Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My father has passed away and did not put down who he wanted

Customer Question

My father has passed away and did not put down who he wanted to be his executive of his estate. If there are 4 siblings and 3 of them agree on the same thing and one doesn't how does that work for court because it has been over 2 years and dad an his ex have not settled distribution of their land he was divorced in January 2016
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about your loss and this situation. Can you please clarify exactly what you mean when you say "3 of them agree on the same thing and one does not?" Are you talking about who will be Executor? Or, how to distribute the property? Etc.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!