Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
The exact amount does not have to be claimed in damages. The Plaintiff can list what has happened and often includes amounts in actual damages, but leave the final amount requested (actual and punitive) open ended, to allow the Judge/Jury to decide.
Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.
Hmm. These questions are beyond the subject matter of the original questions. Can I please ask that you open a new thread? Follow ups are meant to be within the same topic as the original question. Thanks!
Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.
A party in the capacity of the plaintiff does have to disclose the maxium amount of damages sought under the Tex. R. Civ. Proc. Also, the previous expert is correct in that either side can request a jury trial.
1. What would you like to see happen here?
2. On what date was a final judgment signed in the case, if any?
3. Do you want to file an appeal?
4. Did you want to discuss this over the phone? The cost is $59.00. Please see my offer.
If you want to place a stay order on the judgment pending an outcome on the appeal, then you typically have to put up a bond. Otherwise, there is no stay on the judgment.
(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.
(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.
(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.