MIAMILAW1127, Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.

My mother died without a will or an estate. there is a

My mother died without a will or an estate. there is a finance company trying to state her bill is now the heirs responsibility. what do I need to do to alleviate this problem?

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

You need to open probate for your mother. Notify all her creditors and pay them from her estate. Then the remaining assets pass on to her descendants/heirs.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
There is no probate at this time, is it absolute crucial to do this step?

Yes it is. It must be done.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
there is no estate, she had no assets to speak of, the only money in here accounts was not enough to bury her... darn it... thank you for your advice.

I understand, but you still need to open probate to notify her creditors- at a minimum.

I'm sorry for your situation. I wish I had different answers for you.

Please don't forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience. Thank you.