How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31561
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it possible to have insurance benefits paid into a trust

This answer was rated:

Is it possible to have insurance benefits paid into a trust for my granchildren, with my son as the manager of the trust? If so, how do I go about that? Is it necessary to have a lawyer to do that (limited income)?

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Yes, this is possible. All you should have to do is create a trust, name a trustee and then name the trust as the beneficiary of the insurance policy.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can I use a form from online to create the trust?

You would likely need an attorney to handle this as setting up a trust is a little technical. However, the cost is not extremely you should be able to get it done for a reasonable fee.....probably around $500.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your help!

No problem and good luck with this. Please let me know if you need anything further.

Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!

Roger and 4 other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you