Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Is it possible to have insurance benefits paid into a trust

Is it possible to have insurance benefits paid into a trust for my granchildren, with my son as the manager of the trust? If so, how do I go about that? Is it necessary to have a lawyer to do that (limited income)?

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Yes, this is possible. All you should have to do is create a trust, name a trustee and then name the trust as the beneficiary of the insurance policy.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can I use a form from online to create the trust?

You would likely need an attorney to handle this as setting up a trust is a little technical. However, the cost is not extremely you should be able to get it done for a reasonable fee.....probably around $500.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for your help!

No problem and good luck with this. Please let me know if you need anything further.

Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!