How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Olivia Kent Your Own Question
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 871
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Olivia Kent is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother's youngest son was awarded to be the executor of

Customer Question

My mother's youngest son was awarded to be the executor of my deceased mother's house in which he lives there now. My older brother &myself are named as heir's, with a split of 1/3 each, can we force the executor to buy us out, especially since I have pancreatic cancer and my oldest brother is disabled and I am his power of attorney?
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, occasionally I will respond from a mobile JA unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response - but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. The answer to your question is no, unfortunately.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just wanted to add he was able to obtain to become the executor by falsely claiming he didn't know where I was at, when he knew where I was living in the first place. I moved to GA again in July, 2014 exact date was July 18, 2014. He first took a petition out on me in court of a charge of domestic violence on July 23, 2014, in Cleveland, Ohio when I had moved to GA on July 18, 2014. He used my pass address which was my mother's home in Cleveland, Ohio. My mother passed away in Cleveland, Ohio on October 10, 2013 without a will. To avoid my family members to not become violent with him, I moved my family to GA. Her son had pushed me a couple of times and the police was called, but he left by the time the police came, he had completely ruined my life with threats of violence so I left cause I didn't want no violence to take place and I didn't want my grandson to get into any trouble. I had left several items of personal property there because it could not fit in my car, I was going to return to get it later but he broke into the house and changed the locks and just filed papers this year to become the executor when he was denied the first time he took me to court in 2014, I was at that hearing. I am tired of all this trouble, and I just want to recoup some of my money I put in that house when my mother was living and Kevin Farris was living in his own apartment. I don't trust him for all of the past things he have done, and he pushed my older brother down the steps in which he became paralyzed, I am his power of attorney. I now have pancreatic cancer and cannot work, that is why both me and my brother want the house either sold or for him to buy us both out, can that be done?
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 7 months ago.

Hello my friend. There was some issue with my being able to accept your phone call so if you call Customer Service I think they'll be able to resolve it for you. I can help you on here until then if that would help.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need a lawyer for Cuyahoga Probate Court since that is where my mother lived and died without a will, but I live in Georgia now. I cannot use a Georgia lawyer so we might as well cancell this transaction now. Thank you for your time
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 7 months ago.

That's fine. Best of luck to you. If I can help you with anything in the future please don't hesitate to reach out. I'm Olivia.