Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Fully licensed attorney in Texas in private practice.
7286322

Concerning this question. The girlfriend was on the joint

Concerning this question. The girlfriend was on the joint tenancy warranty deed. She does get the house. But everything else goes in the Estate. Will she still have to let them inventory contents of the house? So far she hasn't. Most of the items are part of Estate. Even her car is titled only to my ex-husband. My son tried to work things out with her so she could keep things, but they can't be stealing things. She has had several different names and addresses. I'm not sure which name is ***** ***** son is the only child of my ex. There is no will. Unless it is with papers they have hidden.
ly Counselor at Law
1403 Ratings
Recommend this expert
You rated 5 stars
Thank you.
+ Write a review or give a bonus
11 October 2016 10:22
My ex-husband was killed in a 4-wheeler...
My ex-husband was killed in a 4-wheeler accident September 25th. My son has been appointed Administrator of the Estate. The problem is that his dad's girlfriend and her son and nephew are selling things. And will not let him take an inventory of assets. Legal papers have been hidden. The nephew ... view full
11 October 2
Estate Lawyer
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.I am sorry to hear about this situation. You state that your son has been appointed as the Administrator of the estate. Then, he has the right to act on the estate's behalf! There is a number of things he can do to stop/undo the damage that they have caused, such as:-get a temporary injunction from the girlfriend, son, and nephew (collectively "family") from taking things from the estate and have them ordered to bring back whatever was taken - via the probate court; or-sue the family in civil court for conversion (civil theft) to get the assets back on behalf of the estate; and/or-ask the Court to give the estate "credit" for whatever they took to count "against" them in the distribution, if they stand as heirs.-Finally, unless her name is ***** ***** deed, she can be asked to leave the property, and I am not sure why he has not done so. She can be evicted as a "tenant at sufferance" (a tenant who was staying for free but who overshot their welcome).The police will not act because there is no court order in place that they are violating. But once/if there is a court order in place, the police will take an more active role.I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Hello and thank you for requesting me. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
The girlfriend was on the joint tenancy warranty deed. She does get the house. But everything else goes in the Estate.
Okay. My answer still stands the same except for her being evicted by him. A restraining order may be ordered for her to stop taking the chattel (items). The chattel may be moved by him in his power as Administrator to a storage facility. HE REPRESENTS the estate.
Will she still have to let them inventory contents of the house?
Yes!
So far she hasn't.
He can get a court order forcing access, and take a police officer there to ensure that no violence occurs and that he has peaceful entry.
Most of the items are part of Estate. Even her car is titled only to my ex-husband. My son tried to work things out with her so she could keep things, but they can't be stealing things. She has had several different names and addresses. I'm not sure which name is ***** ***** son is the only child of my ex. There is no will. Unless it is with papers they have hidden.
He is going to have to do some work to get her properly served. A process server normally can find the individual - this is what they often do aside from actually serving the process.
Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you so much for your help. I will pass the information on to my son.

You are very welcome. Good luck, and please don't forget to RATE my answer in one of top three faces and then SUBMIT that rating – it is the only way I get credit for my time with you – or, please use the REPLY or SEND button to keep on chatting – I want you to be satisfied.