Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

I have an irrevocable trust. When my father passed two years

Customer Question

I have an irrevocable trust. When my father passed two years ago, my sister who is the executor, received roughly $2.6M and some cash in various accounts worth an additional $300K each. Per instructions my father left, she is executor and has full access to her money and I have an irrevocable trust.
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: We get along great. I wanted to do something tangible, so I started a small Millwright company 6 months ago and have been using stocks when company needs capital.
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I am in DE
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am below the threshold I set. is there any way I can get capital from the trust? Can it be used as collaterall for a line of credit or loan?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

If you have had a chance to review the irrevocable trust that would be a good idea. The terms usually spell out when a beneficiary can obtain a distribution. Sometimes the trustee has discretionary powers to distribute moneys for purposes. A trustee may be able to distribute some of the money for a business venture. We can discuss more if you would like to do so.

Hello again! Checking in to see if you need further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to answer it. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars. Best regards.