Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters

My husband died 18 months ago and I want to sell his truck

Customer Question

My husband died 18 months ago and I want to sell his truck but I am not on the title. Can I sell the truck? I do have the title.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: Texas
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: death certificate
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there a fee?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Estate Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: How much is the rest
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 16 days ago.

Texas has a Small Estate statute which permits you to transfer the assets of the deceased to the heirs without probate administration.If the truck , and the estate itself in his own name has a value of less than $50,000, the title must first be transferred to you as his sole heir. The form for transferring the title can be found on this website

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.