Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws

I'm a card holder, resident of new York state and I'm a

Customer Question

I'm a green card holder, resident of new York state and I'm a citizen of the state of Israel. I would like to have a postnuptial between me and my wife on both my assets across the united states and in Israel. my questions :1. How do I make such a postnuptial that covers both the U.S. and other countries?
2. Do I need to have a notary?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The post nuptial agreement made in the US may be recognized recognized by the courts in Israel, but it is not a guarantee. The best way to do this across two countries though is you need to have a post nuptial agreement in each country. In the US, the post nuptial agreement does not need to be notarized, but it should be, and the agreement should cover all property in the US. The Israel post nuptial should cover all property in Israel. In both post nuptial agreements you need to refer to the other post nuptial that would cover all property in the other country.