RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

My mom pass on September 12 and she paid her bills for

Customer Question

My mom pass on September 12 and she paid her bills for September but the house is air proPerry and my mom came to live with me a week before she pass on the 13 my mom sister was changing lock on the door l did not have time to get stuff with membe of my mom because I was trying to make funeral arrangements I just feel so hurt over it is there any thing I can do about it
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Having lost my own parents, I know how painful that is. I'm a little confused as to what exactly happened? Is the house in your mother's name? Or was it held jointly with your sister?

Did your sister remove things from the house and now is refusing to turn things over to you?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
My mom sister did this not my sister

Sorry for the misunderstanding. No one should be locking up the house or removing items from the house while the estate hasn't been probated. Has an executor been appointed for your mother's estate yet? If not, you can petition the court to be named executor and to administer your mother's estate, and within the petition, ask that the keys be turned over to you and that any items that were taken out of the home by your aunt be returned to you until such time as the estate can be probated and assets distributed.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

If you need clarification
about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!