Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

I am a resident in Baltimore, MD. My father had been living

Customer Question

Hi Pearl! I am a resident in Baltimore, MD. My father had been living in Hawaii (since 1980?), but wanted to be closer to family an e moved to Spring Lake NC. ad passed away in July of 2013... His girlfriend whom live with him took over as my sister gave his death certificates so she could take whatever money he had! Would like to discuss this situation.. I can be reached at(###) ###-####. my health has been fair as I have had MS since 1994. Appreciate any advice or counsel.. Thanks
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: From what my sister has told me ad had a will that was written for my sister an I! I don't know if giving the death certificates to the girl friend was a way of getting rid of her, but Dad had told me he had $$$money and I feel it does not belong to her Girlfriend took both documents so what would be my next step in formally taking back what I believe was meant for me? Be happy to discuss this situation. I'm home as I am on ss disability since 2009. Thanks.
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: North Carolina
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Would like to see the will as he took the time to write out and did this girl friend received any money that was meant for him (but he had died!
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 23 days ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry for your loss. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

As you have asked for a phone call, I will offer you that Premium Service and I'll process that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread.

After you accept my offer of the phone call, would you please provide your phone number? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.

Thanks in advance,