Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

How are you? My question is, I divorced a few years back,

Customer Question

My name is***** how are you? My question is, I divorced a few years back, and was awarded the home. My ex and her lawyer were supposed to have signed a quick deed and never did. This wasn't put on my divorce papers, it just says marital property was evenly divided. My ex's lawyer passed away shortly after, and I could never get her to sign. Now after all this time she wants the house or for me to sell it and give her half the money. Whay can I do?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Missouri
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not at this time. Iv'e gone to the court house to check records and this was omitted by the court reporter.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's about all I have for you. Thanks
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 3 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Do you know why if you were awarded the home, the decree stated that marital properly would be evenly divided? Did that reference other martial assets that were purchased? Seems as though there could be conflicting language.