Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.

In Arkansas can a beneficiary of a trust force the trust or

Customer Question

In Arkansas can a beneficiary of a trust force the trust or other beneficiaries to buy them out
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 21 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question and develop a response. We may discuss it too. Does that sound good to you?

Can you provide a little bit more background please?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
there are four beneficiaries of family trust. Two want the trust to buy them out. Other two don't want to sell. One is a "Limited beneficiary". Can the ones that want to sell force the sale of the trust's asset. A family farm.

Hello. Thank you for the additional information. (Sorry for the delay; technical issues). Other beneficiaries cannot nor could a trustee force a buyout. The trustee must follow the trust's terms. Sometimes trustee's have discretion to buy and sell assets. If though, it appears that the trustee if favoring one beneficiary over another, then there could be a claim against the trustee for breach of fiduciary duty. We can discuss more if you would like to do so.

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 20 days ago.

Hello: I have not heard back from you. Do you want to continue to discuss your question or are we complete? Please let me know. Thank you.