Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

My home was unlawfully forclosed on by my sister. I was

Customer Question

My home was unlawfully forclosed on by my sister. I was trust of my father's estate, going through extreme family issues of my own, including my mother's death, home fire set by my autistic 6yr old son, father's illness, divorce and my own illness at the time. She coerced me to signing trust over to her then filled with court to take my home, saying I never paid any payments to Dad for the home. I paid at least $40,000 toward $76,000 morgage. On court date I showed, no one else did and judge refused to see me. He made his judgement against me without my evidence of payments made. Other sister was able to keep her home after no payments made. This was 19 years ago now and it still eats at me. Can I at least sue her estate when she dies.?
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 21 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question and develop a response. We may discuss it too. Does that sound good to you?

It may be a pretty tough case because of the statute of limitations and what is called res judicata (meaning the issues have already been decided in court). We can discuss more if you would like to do so.