Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My father died 15 years ago,from Bone cancer at the time

Customer Question

My father died 15 years ago,from Bone cancer at the time when he passed he had most of his estate ( money ) in a off shore acct. Which was left to me ,as my inheritance, due to all the issues 911 patriot act etc , my fathers investment people ??? etc were not able to have the money moved to the united state until just recently, To my understanding they have the funds , and they have requested me to write a letter to explain my intent of the inheritance, charities etc and why .. .. in order for them to release any of my funds... My question is what type of letter format is that considered... is it a letter of intent, is there specific information that has to be on this to make it valid so they can release the funds .. I Dont want it to be wrong is there any specific wording that must be included and do you know if there is a specific name to this letter or form
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: ? not sure what you mean h
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am the sole heir to the estate it just been tied up because it coming from a off shore account and im not sure what the letter is for reason
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Who is asking you for your intent on the inheritance? Is this because the money is in trust for you?