Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

WA State/ two siblings not only lived with mom being

Customer Question

WA State/ two siblings not only lived with mom being completely supported by her but also took out loans with her that she fully intended to collect back from them. There are good records supporting this. As PR of her estate am I able to collect the loans, now owed to the estate out of their share of inheritance, and give them what is left over once their paid off. One brother owes back child support, which the estate is not responsible for, am I able to collect loans due to the estate and send remainder of what is left to state child support agency. The state did put a lien against his inheritance. I do have an attorney but for very large amounts, her answers to any questions I have asked are very vague, which leaves me to try to find my own answers. Both brothers cost the estate huge amounts to clean up to sell house, they are extreme hoarders. We cleaned estate 3 times last time was hours before signing sale of house finished at 4:00 am signed at 8:30 am same day. the entire time during cleaning they were
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

As PR of her estate am I able to collect the loans, now owed to the estate out of their share of inheritance, and give them what is left over once their paid off.

.

Yes, without any evidence that the loans were forgiven or are beyond the statute of limitations for collection, you have the legal authority to offset any inheritance by reducing it based on the outstanding loan amounts.

.

am I able to collect loans due to the estate and send remainder of what is left to state child support agency

.

Yes, if they have filed a lien and have served you with notice of that lien for the sibling, then you are legally obligated to forward any money to them for the delinquent child support.

.

.

thanks