How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2114
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can i transfer title of a house to a relative if I gave a

Customer Question

Can i transfer title of a house to a relative if I gave a judgment against me in New York? (I'm a Maine resident and my dad has a house under my name in New York where he lives)
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 7 months ago.

You could as long as it is deemed a fair transaction otherwise there are tax implications for your dad if you were to gift him the house. Also, it would look very suspicious so the party that obtained the judgement could bring it before the court that you were trying to hide assets.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 7 months ago.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.

Related Estate Law Questions