Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

Reality trust.. Wife sold our lot $286000. Reason? To help

Customer Question

reality trust.. Wife sold our lot $286000. Reason? To help son, one of three grown children. In the meantime she took $100,000 for down payment on a duplex. ($320,000). Result, helps give daughter and grandson one duplex at a $1000/mo.,year around. Wife says ,I don"t have a need to know anything about it. Duplex has small owners Apt. It would fit me. Wife threatens 1] have banned from small Apt and 2] have me evicted from present accommodations. Wife has also put $150,000 +or- in a Money Market acct. I am 75yrs and wife is 67 and makes $100,000/yr. I need to do something and I know it will incur wife"s wrath. Has she broken any regulations that could give me some leverage?
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I have the trust.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What do you suggest?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I take it the house was your wife's separate property?

Was the house in a revocable trust or irrevocable trust?

You are still married, correct, not divorcing and your current home is the marital home?