Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

In 2009 my husband was in jail for domestic issues. The DA

Customer Question

In 2009 my husband was in jail for domestic issues. The DA would not pull restraining orders so he could come home. In fact it took 3 years to fight PD so we could reunite. In April 2009 I was diagnosed with anal cancer. The prognosis was not good. Even though I was employed with San Joaquin County I could not keep up with all the household expenses. I had to choose between my house payment and medical insurance. I applied for a modification of my house payment. All was well I thought until I called to make the third modified payment. The lady who answered told me to "save my money,they aren't really going to help me. It was all a scam. Therefore she would not take my payment." A few months later I received a letter stating I was not going to qualify for the program due to my failure to make the third payment. I did receive a packet to try to regain some of my money but it was misplaced when I was finally removed from my house. I just found all my paperwork,notes on phone correspondence,faxes sent etc. Am I just too late? My son says get an attorney and see. What do you think? Thank You
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience in family law and appeals. I look forward to helping you today.

At the end of this session, I will ask you to please rate me as that’s the only way I get credit for helping you. It is NO EXTRA CHARGE to you but it’s important to me! Thanks!

Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site. This is for educational purposes only and you are advised to seek your own legal counsel. The attorney herein is licensed in NY only.

Also – I will be typing my answer for you so I’ll be back asap.

I just want to clarify -- are you asking about suing that company for fraud? When did you discover the fraud -- what year?

I'll check here in the morning to see if you left a response. Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I believe it was in the latter part of 2009. The response forms sent to me from Indy Mac were due back I think December 2011. I will check in my paperwork and have an absolute correct answer by morning. Thank You,Deb
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 2 months ago.

I am a different Attorney as the Attorney that was working with you opted out. Please let me know how I can further assist you.