Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

My mother passed away unexpectedly last week. She just

Customer Question

My mother passed away unexpectedly last week. She just signed a mortgage loan for her condo Aug. 25th and has not made a payment. There was mortgage insurance in place. What happens now?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am very sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) You may be named beneficiary in her life insurance and retirement, however, did she have a Will? Or, not?

2) Do you want the home?

3) Did she have a surviving spouse? Did she have any other children besides you?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.