Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters

I bought my house prior to getting married in 1990. It is in

Customer Question

I bought my house prior to getting married in 1990. It is in my name only. I have been married since, but separated since 2004. I would like to sign my house over to my daughter. Will I need my husband's signature? Is he entitled to any part of it? I have done all upgrades and paid all taxes myself since the separation. Thanks,
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: PA
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I still owe about 12K so I don't have the deed, and have a registered will giving it to my daughter and granddaughters.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, Why does my husband keep telling me he doesn't want a divorce because he doesn't want to "hurt anybody financially"? (I know, ask him . . . )
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

Good morning and thanks for using JUST ANSWER. My name is ***** ***** and I will be the expert assisting you this morning. I will have to look up a few things and I will be back with you within the hour.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How much will my credit card be charged?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just want a one time consult?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

We experts are independent contractors, and we have no input as to what you may or may not have agreed to. Our customer service phone number is(###) ###-#### should you need it. I will be back shortly. You do not have to accept the offer of a phone call if you prefer we can continue on this thread. In Pennsylvania a married woman is capable of conveying her own property. This right was established sometime in the 1850s. If you wish me to do more research than that, please let me know. With regard to your husband statement I have no idea what he's talking about, so you are correct about having to ask him.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.