RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

We are in the process of selling the estate home of my

Customer Question

We are in the process of selling the estate home of my parents. There are six siblings, each equal share owners. First of all the home has been on and off the market without any of my signatures. I have been kept out of any of the decision making involving the house for the past six years. There have been many changes made during the course of the past six years. Now, the siblings are wanting to put a rush on the sale of the house. Do I have any recourse in the goings on and should I be privy to the information about the house? Everything was supposed to be equally divided. The belongings of the house were distributed to the other siblings. I received very little of the belongings from my parents. The monetary value of the things were less than the fact that they were heirlooms from my parents. Also, there was some confusion about the will. My siblings closed the estate of my mother, without the home residence even included. Therefore, I am concerned if that was even legal. Please advise.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: It is in the state of Missouri.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Such as?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is my concerns? Is there a direct number that I can talk to the attorney personally? Also, I am not in the state of Missouri. My concern is do I need to hire an attorney to represent me there?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Yes you would need a local lawyer where probate was filed to reopen the estate and seek a full accounting.If the executor deeded you an interest here they cannot sell it without you.If the estate still owns the house then executor has power of sale under most wills.

Was the estate and property in Missouri here, I will be happy to follow up with lawyer referral.