How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Re: Estate law, California. My mother in law put my husband

Customer Question

Re: Estate law, California.My mother in law put my husband and I in charge of handling her finances. She recently sold her home and now has aquired a sizable nest egg. Now Mom wants give one of her other sons a gift of money to pay off his mortgage. My question is what is the best way to distribute the funds for tax purposes and what are the tax implications for both mom and her son.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

Are you online with me now?