Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My dad was killed Sept 12, 2016 in a car wreck (only car

Customer Question

My dad was killed Sept 12, 2016 in a car wreck (only car involved). I was born out of wedlock in 1956. he has other children. Four from his first marriage and 1 from his second. I was born while he was married to his first wife. He has remained in contact with me through the years. I believe that there may be a will but I suspect that I may not be in it. The first 4 half siblings don,t know that I exist the girl from the second marriage knows all about me and we have had contact several times. She claims that they are not having a funeral and that if I want to be there after they have him cremated I can watch them spread his ashes. Do I have any rights as I am his daughter?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Wellsboro, PA
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I have letters and Christmas cards from him through out the years and a few voice messages on my cell. he always signed Love, Dad
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to go to PA today I would like to know if I have any say as to seeing him before they cremate him or have any say as to funeral or no funeral
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for your loss

Can you tell me is he listed as the father on your birth certificate?