Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

My parents passed away this summer and I am 1 of 3 children.

Customer Question

My parents passed away this summer and I am 1 of 3 children. I have always been the Trustee but in Feb of 2015 my Mother and Step-dad removed my 2 older sisters from the trust completely. Can my sisters sue me? I have one sister who is doesn't belive that my parents would take her out of the trust.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Arizona
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I have a binder that contains all of the trust documents from an attorney.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 month ago.

HI - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 month ago.

As long as your parents were of sound mind at the time they removed your siblings from the trust, and as long as there is no proof that you took advantage of your parents for personal gain, etc., then you should have a solid basis for defending against any claim.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 month ago.

That said, there's no way to prevent your sisters from suing the trust or even you. But, the issue is whether or not your parents acted on their own wishes or whether they were forced/coerced.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 month ago.

As long as you acted in good faith as the trustee and did what your parents wanted, etc., you should have no issue.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!