Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

I have been tasked with having to take care of my dad's

Customer Question

I have been tasked with having to take care of my dad's funeral and everything back in 2012 that is the way he preferred it and now that it's over the city is wanting me to close his estate I called up at the courthouse in the courthouse says that the estate was never opened I was the legal representative on the will do I need to see a legal lawyer or do I need to go up there and get them to just sign off that it was never filed
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me what state this is in? Thank you.