RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

What needs a probate number? If everything has a

Customer Question

What needs a probate number? If everything has a beneficiary, is it still necessary to file for probate?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

No it is not necessary to file for probate if everything has a named beneficiary here.All of these assets pass to those named beneficiaries outside of probate.There is no need to file for probate.It is only when there exists assets with no beneficiaries or cars, trailers, real estate titled in the deceased's name that probate must be opened.

Here there was good estate planning no need for probate to be opened or incur the costs to do so.You would just order death certificates and present those where the items are located with beneficiaries and the assets should be transferred to them here under Florida law.

I appreciate the chance to help you and am sorry for your loss of loved one.

If you can positive rate 5 stars when we are done it is always much appreciated.