Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

Can your married spouse put in trust half our assets

Customer Question

can your married spouse put in trust half our assets
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

1) What state is this in?

2) What assets are you talking about specifically? Assets that (a) have both of your names on the title, or, (b) untitled assets that you had before marriage, or (c) untitled assets that she had before marriage, or, (d) untitled assets that were accumulated during the marriage? Etc. Please be specific.

3) Whose trust is this? Hers? Is she the trustee or the beneficiary or the creator (or a combination of that)?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!