Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws

I have one more question if my aunt got aproved for kinship

Customer Question

i have one more question if my aunt got aproved for kinship why didnt they release him to her why would go threw with kthe process of fingure printing her an doing a walk threw at her home and the whole 9yards and accept her but turn around and say at court she came to late but they had enough time to process her and aprove her im confussed can you tell me what i should do or say regarding this
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Generally, that is simply a delay tactic used by family services. The problem with family services is they are mostly negligent and incompetent and they do not like to make changes. However, the courts sadly usually follow their recommendations unless you can prove in court that they are lying about the facts, which they commonly do. So, if they claim in court it was too late, if you can prove the evaluation was done by them prior to court and that they are lying about the timing, the court can overrule their request. Furthermore, if the court does not, then you have grounds to appeal to the appeals court based on the lower court abusing their discretion and arguing kinship is the preferred situation under law.