Taylor
Taylor, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
87350578

The trustee has stolen trust fund and I want to know first

Customer Question

the trustee has stolen trust fund and I want to know first step to get money back
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Taylor replied 3 months ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help.

Expert:  Taylor replied 3 months ago.

Get an attorney experienced in Trust, probate etc. Many states make such an action criminal.

Without knowing what type of trust and the details of the trust, it is impossible to tell you much more than that.

ALL trustees are required to track all money into and out of the trust, and to provide the beneficiaries copies of those records. If she can't, she can easily be removed as the trustee, you will win a civil suit, but then you have to collect. You can also turn the issue over to the DA and see if they want to prosecute

Expert:  Taylor replied 3 months ago.

does that adequately answer your question? let me know if you have any further questions!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It was a rolling trust, my Grandfather passed, left oldest son as trustee, but his wife took over and now everything basically has disappeared.
Expert:  Taylor replied 3 months ago.

you need to hire a local estate attorney ASAP to recoup the assets. they should have kept an accounting and if they have not, then there could be criminal punishment.

Expert:  Taylor replied 3 months ago.

you should hire a local attorney who can begin the civil suit process. you will have to sue on behalf of the estate against the trustee who has stolen the money. does that make sense?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't have the $59 but will soon..money is still there I know..they think the Grand kids are too dumb to do anything about their actions.
Expert:  Taylor replied 3 months ago.

i will get an attorney to sort it out and recoup all of the money. do you have any further questions?

Expert:  Taylor replied 3 months ago.

would get an attorney*

Expert:  Taylor replied 3 months ago.

do you have any further questions? when you are satisfied i would greatly appreciate a positive rating! it does not cost you anything more and it is the only way i am compensated by JA! thanks for using JA and let me know if there is anything else i can help you with!