Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

We need someone to create a document (Family Agreement) for

Customer Question

We need someone to create a document (Family Agreement) for my grown children, niece and their children. My brother and I are getting up in our years. Our family owns considerable amounts of property, but when we pass on, none of our heirs can afford to buy from each other the percentages of the property that they will own. There is a trust established, but we were needing some type of buy and sell document that will let one family member sell his share of a property or properties to another family member with a ceiling on the payment of no more than $2500.00 per month with no interest. Some of the property will be sold in which they will all split the funds, some might be leased in which they will split the funds, but there will be some that part of the family members want to keep and others would rather have some type of income from it. Any ideas would be appreciated. My brother and I are currently trustees of the trust and can change anything as needed. When we are gone - this could get very dysfunctional if we do not create some type of family agreement while everyone is willing.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I am here to help you with your question. I will review it. And then we can discuss it. Sound good?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok thanks

Are all the properties in one trust; or are they in multiple trusts?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can't hear that well - lets type and then we will see what we need to do

Sure. That is fine.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
one trust

To be clear then, you and your brother are trustees of the trust and on the deeds of the properties, you and your brother are listed as the owners of the properties as trustees of the trust. Is that correct?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I might need to get back with you tomorrow evening. That way I can be sure how it is styled

That is fine. You can get back to me tomorrow. No need to respond back now if we are waiting for tomorrow.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok

Great. Chat tomorrow (Please do not respond back now because the system will think we are still chatting at the moment). Thanks.

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 2 months ago.

Hi Rickey: Do you need further assistance on this question. If so, please let me know. Thank you.