Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

Is it possible to stop state from taking the inheritance

Customer Question

Is it possible to stop state from taking the inheritance that was left to my sister and I eve though she is not named in the wil
She has since passed away the state already took over $400,000 of her assets when she was no longer able the cost of the nursing home. is there anything we can do to get even part of thi settlement. I am disabled and am on a fixed income, which is to the point where I have to pay for medicine or food can you please let me know if there is any hope. I can't afford a lawyer so if you could just let me know if there is any hope
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I am here to help you with your question. I may take a moment to research or clarify issues. Okay?

Can you provide more detail: Who died first? Was there a will? Was there an estate administration? Did both of you inherit and then your sister died? It is a bit confusing. We can chat on the phone if you want (there is an additional charge for a phone call). Or we can continue here with you giving more information. Just let me know.