Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
63724254

My partner died what do I do?

Customer Question

My partner died what do I do?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 3 months ago.

Obtain the death certificate. Then determine if any assets exists and if your partner had a will or living trust. If not, determine your partner's heirs at law if assets exist and contact them so that the heirs at law can deal with the assets in the estate.

If a will or living trust exists, the terms of the will or living trust will govern the distribution of the assets.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.