LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have more than 25 years of experience in the practice of law.
15277592

As trustee and getting a check from the state (surplus funds

Customer Question

As trustee and getting a check from the state (surplus funds on realestate auction), state is to make check in my name, as trustee? How will this impact my taxes?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The payment from the state belongs to the trust, and not to you. As the trustee you don't incur any taxable event simply because the state issues a check to the trust.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug