Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
18215332

I have an inheritance involving a trust fund. It is part of

Customer Question

I have an inheritance involving a trust fund. It is part of an SEC corporation. I have a buyer who has a felony conviction who wants to purchase the corporate shares from me. Is it legal for a felon to control the trust fund of an sec corporation?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  David Stewart replied 3 months ago.

The SEC prohibits a felon from controlling such a corporation so I believe the proposed transaction would be illegal.

I would suggest however that you confirm with certainty it is an SEC corporation and that the offering is one the SEC specifically excludes felons from being able to control. I hope this helps. All the best, David

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 3 months ago.

Hello. I am another expert here. Your previous expert has opted out of this question. There is also an indication that you have requested a phone call. I can offer that; however there is an additional cost. If you are interested in proceeding further please send me a reply.