Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

I own a house in Lake County, Illinois and went to file for

Customer Question

I own a house in Lake County, Illinois and went to file for my senior exemption and was told they could not give it to me because my house was in trust and they needed a page from the trust to get some information. I had no knowledge that the house was ever put in trust. I called the lawyer who handled the closing and he said that he doesn't remember but if it was put in trust I would have the papers. I don't have any papers stating that this house is in trust. Where can I find out who to contact that would have a copy of the trust. It must be filed some place otherwise the people at the senior exemption office would not have a record of it's existence. But who would have a copy?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Good morning, I am Loren, an Illinois licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Does the property have a mortgage? How long ago did you purchase the home?

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Are you online with me?