Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

Car was given to me by deceased friend's brother, I have the

Customer Question

Car was given to me by deceased friend's brother, I have the vehicle, all sets of keys and death certificate of friend. I was also given the clear title. But I needed the deceased's brother to process the title in order for me to legally transfer the car into my name. I gave the title back to deceased brother to process. I have repeatedly called him for the title but all I am getting is excuses. This has been going on for over 9 months now. Do I have any recourse?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Did your deceased friend leave you the car in his Will? Is that why the brother gave it to you? Also, is the brother the executor of the deceased friend's estate?