LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have more than 25 years of experience in the practice of law.

My aunt died in late 2000. Her probate, etc. was completed

Customer Question

My aunt died in late 2000. Her probate, etc. was completed in 2001 in the state she lived her whole life, N Jersey. According to her wishes, the trust would be released when her last brother died, which was May, 2016. The Trust has been handled in Nevada since 2011 by a Successor Trustee. The legal counsel for our Accountant states that we must post a second "notice to creditors" despite 16 years passing. Is a second notice necessary?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes, the second notice is necessary because the condition subsequent required for the distribution of the trust assets (the final brother's death) has no occurred.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.

Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, and with the expectation that you would act similarly and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,