How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 56039
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Trying to find out what rights a remainder beneficiary of an

Customer Question

Trying to find out what rights a remainder beneficiary of an irrevocable trust has. The trust became irrevocable as the death of one of the Settlors. The remaining Settlor is listed as being the sole beneficiary of the trust until death.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Missouri
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Multiple but not getting the same answer. One says the Settlor is required to provide all financial records, but another says that because the remainder beneficiaries only become a party at death of the remaining Settler, who is listed as the sole beneficiary, then nothing is required.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No. The trust is pretty straight forward. Some land is listed as an asset, nothing else really; however, there are stocks and bonds in the trusts name. Again, it lists the children as remainder beneficiaries but does specifically state the remaining Settlor is the sole beneficiary and can do with funds in the trust how ever they choose until death.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello is not an answer
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.
The reminder person has a right to protect the principal against misuse by trustee or invasion by life estate holder.One may seek a court order enjoining misconduct and replacing any current fiduciary.The court can order an accounting and return of assets into the trust.I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.

Please rate me 5 stars.