Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My neice and I are the trustees on my sister's house which

Customer Question

My neice and I are the trustees on my sister's house which her husband also has trustees to his children
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Hawaii
JA: Has any paperwork been filed in court? And what is your ideal outcome for the situation?
Customer: My sister passed away last year and her husband is living by himself in that house as a survivor. He ask us to share the property tax with him since we are the trustees because. He promised he will take care of everything about the house. We are not living there but do we have to pay property tax?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: His childrens are also trustees of the house.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. Can you provide me a bit more information? Does her husband have a life estate to the property?