Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My mothers estate Is being closed and will go to my deceased

Customer Question

my mothers estate Is being closed and will go to my deceased fathers estate as it is under 50000. my father set up that his estate would go to charities and I would be left out is it worth trying to fight this
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: new York
JA: Has anything been filed in civil court? And what documents do you have to help resolve this?
Customer: my parents have both been dead for a year and my father lawyer told me not to fight my fathers will as I would loose but know they are taking care of my mothers estate and I need the money
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.

You can fight it if you can show that it was done without mental capacity, that he was mentally not well, that he was under duress, or otherwise didnt sign the paperwork correctly. Often a contest leads to settlement given cost of litigation, or where beneficiaries do not contest you.